Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just Breathe

I was wondering this morning, "Where and when did I lose sight of taking one day at a time?" I'm not really sure what the answer to that question is, but I think that if I could get back to that, things might get simpler and happier.
Now, don't get me wrong, there's always a place for thinking about the future, whether it's near or far. Goals and plans are important. But what I seemed to have forgotten recenlty was that a journey of a mile begins with a single step. And continues with one more step after that.
I tend to be a product of my generation, which means that I am impatient at times. I try to take that mile long journey in only one or two HUGE strides.
Now, once again, don't mistake me. There's nothing wrong with running. But before taking off at full bore, you should warm up with a good steady walk first.
So I'm gonna try and relax, take a nice walk....and JUST BREATHE.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I tend to be the same way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete